How do I know if my organization needs a consultant?
Take this 10-point survey to find out if a consultant can help keep your organization out of crisis and on track for success!
- You worry your executive director or other key employees will quit before your term on the board ends.
- Your executive director is leaving having been with you for two years or less.
- Your executive director is the founder, first director or has been in place for a long time.
- Your executive director is leaving on short notice either by necessity, choice or termination.
- Your board doesn’t have a member with a human resources or organization development back ground.
- Your board has no policies in place that speak to leadership replacement.
- The executive director is within three years of retirement.
- Your board doesn’t have an emergency leadership replacement plan in place to address the unexpected absence of its key people due to sudden accident, illness, and death or family leave taking.
- The tenure or composition of the board is unstable.
- The executive director is reluctant to consider the inevitability of their leaving.
If you answered yes to any of these statements then you may benefit from the specialized expertise of an organization development consultant.
Our organization development consultants work with founders, families, partners, boards of directors and their executive directors to develop organization strategies, structures and systems to help you plan, implement and integrate change initiatives at every level of your organization. This might involve:
- Succession planning
- Organization assessment
- Organization mergers
- Organization culture change
- Work process improvement
- Board of director’s development
- Strategic planning
Our consultants will help you identify and address a variety of different challenges linked to succession planning, leadership continuity and transition management including:
- Pending staff retirements
- Emergency leadership planning
- Strategic job and role planning
- Interpersonal skills development
- Transition management
- Remedial teamwork
- Conflict resolution
- Strategy implementation
Change is never easy but a qualified succession planning or organization development consultant can help you Make Things Happen!
Please contact Make Things Happen for a complimentary consultation to see how we might contribute to your success.